[plt-scheme] Symbolics

From: Johan Coppieters (johan577 at mac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 14:00:31 EDT 2010

We can always try to build a Scheme OS on x86 architectures using parts of an open source (micro) kernel to talk to the hardware and implement all top layers in Scheme. Although I sure some people already did...  More a university project...

I've done it 25 years ago for a Smalltalk VM on bare M68000 hardware. Ofcourse the Smalltalk-80 image of Xerox contained already all top layers, like windowing and file systems. So it came down to implementing the VM, a memory manager and bitblt.

Johan.