[plt-scheme] dns-find-nameserver complains "input in flex scanner failed" (but works anyway)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 15 06:49:28 EDT 2010

At Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:36:56 -0700, Ben Goetter wrote:
> I built a fresh PLT on 64-bit Win7 (32-bit PLT image of course).
> Version 4.2.4.6-svn14mar2010[3m], svnrev 18533.  Problem reproducible
> per Greg's original report.  The error diagnostic in question appears to
> come from src\wxxt\src\x\wbuild\src\scan.c.

I don't think that's it. That source is for `wbuild', which is used
only under X. Also, it's used only in the process of building MrEd, and
it should only be used when explicitly enabled through `configure'.

The error message is put in that file by `flex', though. Whatever is
printing the message is apparently also implemented using `flex'.

Posted on the users mailing list.