[plt-scheme] How do I convert (values ...) to something I can do something with?

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 01:02:16 EST 2010

I like to apply functions to lists that are returned by other functions; the arguments of the applying function assign names to the members of the list:

(define  (f-of-dollars&cents dollars cents) (+ cents (* 100 dollars)))
(define  (f-that-returns-dollars&sense) (list 12 34))

(apply f-of-dollars&cents (f-that-returns-dollars&sense))

If the applied function has a different number of arguments, you are 'self-checked' because scheme will give an error.

Contracts are much more thorough with this sort of thing, though.

rac