[plt-scheme] The problem with Scala (OT, sorry)

From: Keiko Nakata (keiko at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Date: Sat Mar 6 09:49:33 EST 2010

Hi,

A little bit more noise.

Some time ago I've discussed with D. Remy how we could evaluate the
requirements of type annotations. E.g., Having nominal class systems,
both Scala and F# cannot avoid annotations. There were also discussions in
the OCaml mailing list that unpredictable requirements could be harmful.

We were interested to devise a suite of program transformations in the
presence of annotations, that the programmer may expect from the type
inference to survive. We did not complete it, but it may be a good exercise
for Typed Scheme, as well.

Keiko

Posted on the users mailing list.