[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme based web app Was: PLT Scheme success stories

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 4 16:20:24 EST 2010

I don't think we ever announced Kahu on this list. So here goes!

Kahu is a new web app we've developed in partnership with RTS
(http://www.responsetech.co.uk/):

 http://www.getkahu.com

Kahu provides integrated resource booking and issue tracking. That is,
it can answer questions like: "Has any one booked the projector this
Thursday, and is the projector still working?" It is currently aimed
at the educational market as most of our and RTS' clients are in that
sector, but the software is fairly general; only the timetable feature
is really specific to education. At some point in the future we'll
probably release a more generic version. If you think Kahu would be
useful to you and you aren't in education you could probably use the
software as is. If the timetable really bugs you can bug us to release
a generic version more quickly ;-)

Of course it is all written in PLT Scheme running on the PLT web
server. There is a 30 day free trial if you want to check it out.
Bonus points if a huge flood of Schemer's manage to the crash the
server (currently it is running on a single box).

Cheers,
Noel

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Dave Gurnell <d.j.gurnell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't forget Kahu - another Untyped project that isn't on our portfolio yet (so much to do, so little time):
>
>    http://www.getkahu.com
>
> -- D

Posted on the users mailing list.