[plt-scheme] AMQP client?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at lshift.net)
Date: Tue Mar 2 19:43:47 EST 2010

Hi Michael,

Michael Forster wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Tony.  You've already helped me without knowing
> it!  I looked around your site after receiving Shriram's reply and
> noticed that you've written an AMQP client for Squeak.  I actually
> have a Pharo version of the system in question, as well as a PLT
> Scheme version, so I can use the former to prototype the functionality
> for my customer.

Ha, that's great :-) To my knowledge, you are the first person other
than me to try using the library, so please get in touch the moment you
have trouble with it. I'm keen to make it useful.

Areas where it's weak at the moment are the standard AMQP bugbears:
multi-channel support, particularly around the error/shutdown-handling
protocols, and managing the transition between synchronous and
asynchronous operations. Also, I don't know what it'll be like on Pharo,
as I developed it on Squeak 3.9...

Regards,
  Tony

Posted on the users mailing list.