[plt-scheme] Problems compiling mzscheme 4.2.4.2 on Solaris i386

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Mar 2 00:20:46 EST 2010

(Sorry for authorizing your earlier post, I missed the fact that it's
the same one.)

On Mar  1, Johan Coppieters wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I first build mzscheme from source on mac os x 10.6.2, everything
> went fine, I developed a web application.
> Now I want to run this in production on a Sun x2200 running Solaris
> 5.10, using gcc 3.4.6, so I fetched the latest tarball and tried to
> compile mzscheme on this machine, but no luck...
>
> Anyone encountered this problem?
> The build output is appended to this message.

It looks like the problem is with libffi -- I don't know what the
problem is exactly, but you could just remove the "src/foreign"
subdirectory and it will skip trying to compile the included libffi.
(There is also pass `--disable-foreign' to configure, IIRC.)