[plt-scheme] Re: I/O therefore no local

From: wooks (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 1 12:19:26 EST 2010

On Mar 1, 4:04 pm, Matthias Felleisen <matth... at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:01 AM, wooks wrote:
>
> > I am preparing students for external exams.
> > I've lost count of number of times I have made similar comments about
> > their syllabus.
>
> I have no problem with this. My recommendation should be translated into
>
>   'prepare the for the exam using past exams'
>
> and don't try TS!.

I don't know what TS! means. Please explain (the fact that it is
prefixed by the words don't and try, make me all the more eager to try
it)

> But your comments make me think that the exam was
> written by someone who learned Fortran 77 and so my response was a
> concise encoding of this explanation.

You are almost certainly right.

Official line  -  the curriculum is language agnostic.
Reality - You can use any imperative language you like.

To be continued.......

Posted on the users mailing list.