[racket] tennis and programming, not completely off-topic

From: Barry Brown (barry at cs.sierracollege.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 24 14:54:41 EDT 2010

Here's a link to a NY Times blog entry about the match in question:

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/23/logistics-are-put-to-the-test-at-wimbledon/

One commenter pointed out that 48 in binary is 110000. More likely, those boards may be pretty old  and the score is encoded in BCD, so 48 would be represented as 0100 1000.

My question is: why were there IBM programmers at the match?

-B