[racket] How can I save all the definitions in racket to a file?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz (jao at gnu.org)
Date: Thu Jun 24 10:12:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24 2010, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:

> To quote from Jose's documentation:
>
> "I’ve concentrated initially in supporting those Schemes with the
> richest (to my knowledge) introspection capabilities, namely, Guile
> and Racket."
>
> I assume it's running mostly elisp underneath.  :)

No, not really :). The stress is in doing everything that is possible in
the scheme side. When Racket doesn't provide metadata i need (e.g.
procedure arg names), i obtain it by means of racket code, rather than
by 'source scrapping' in elisp. Emacs is just handling the presentation
layer, i.e., the logic that does not depend on the scheme
implementation. So all the interesting bits are computed by (modules
implemented in) Racket (and that's why Geiser needs a pretty smart
scheme implementation underneah to be really useful). As further
examples, an Emacs interface to the macro stepper is already in my TODO
list, and if some day Racket offers a way to introspect on contracts or
types (meaning the ability to manipulate them as values), i'll rush to
offer them in Geiser documentation windows.

All that said, there's still a lot of elisp code in Geiser :)

Cheers,
jao

Posted on the users mailing list.