[racket] iPhone (Was: [The Racket Blog] New comment on Racket.)

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jun 18 10:28:44 EDT 2010

Apple has been brutal with iPhone developers, running the platform as a
ruthless and fickle dictatorship.  I believe that this is the general
perception of iPhone developers.

Even if one is willing to jump through Apple's hoops, and one accepts
that, at any time and for any reason, Apple will have no qualms about
simply kicking one off the platform, instantly and without
explanation... I believe that there is also an ethical question of
whether supporting the iPhone platform is contributing to the success of
Apple's ruthless, anti-competitive, and closed-platform practices.

Android, Symbian, the new Nokia Qt stuff, Java... all alternative mobile
device platforms for civic-minded techies to consider.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/