[racket] Moby

From: Cristina Teodoropol (c_a_t13 at hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 16:40:34 EDT 2010

To whom it may concern,

I'm an undergraduate student working with professor Gregor Kiczales at the University of British Columbia on course material. I've been trying to work on a lab for students involving the Android phone, but am having some issues with Moby.

After running a simple program such as: (DrScheme V4.2.5)

#lang planet dyoo/moby:2:34
  (define initial-world 0)
  (js-big-bang initial-world (on-tick 1 add1))

I could run the program in the web brower or download a javascript .zip, but got the following error message when attempting to download the Android .apk package:

The application raised an exception with the message:
We are unable to build your Android package; the web service appears to be offline.
Please contact the Moby developers; in your response, include the following:
tcp-connect: connection to go.cs.brown.edu, port 80 failed (at step 6: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.; errno=10061)
(Also tried to locally compile the package; updated the PATH variable but there doesn't seem to be an executable named "android" in the Android SDK directories for find-executable-path to find.)

Would the web service be online for September?

Thank you much,
Cristina Teodoropol