[racket] planet unable to find matching package

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 13 19:10:08 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 1:58 PM, YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install planet package in racket, specifically lizorkin/ssax
> (which is on planet) and it returned the error "could not find matching
> package".  I went back to an older version (4.2.1) and was able to install
> the package.  Looking on ssax.plt's page it does not appear to have any
> maximum version number limits that would prohibit it from being downloaded.

I just tried this via the planet command-line tool in version 5.0.0.1 like this:

  $ raco planet install lizorkin ssax.plt 2 0

and it seemed to install fine. I also tried evaluating this in
drracket in version 5.0:

  #lang racket
  (require (planet lizorkin/ssax:2))

and it too seemed to install fine (altho there is no main file so I
got that error).

> Are there any changes to the way packages are being matched?

If there are, they'd be bugs, I expect.

More specifically, the 4.xx repository also applies to versions 5.xx too.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.