[racket] feedback on migrating to immutable pairs?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Jun 13 02:51:44 EDT 2010

Two questions on the move to immutable pairs:

1. Does anyone have feedback on how that went?  (The only problems I
recall dealing with personally were pain for HtmlPrag, a minor change to
the "csv" library, and a small headache supporting SICP.)

2. What was the rationale for not having "pair?", "car", "cdr", work on
both mutable pairs and immutable pairs?  Was this to push everyone
harder towards immutable pairs, at the cost of having to convert legacy
libraries and breaking R5RS compatibility?

I'm asking because this might be valuable input to a Scheme working
group.  Thanks.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/