[racket] "The Disadvantages of High School Programming"

From: Raoul Duke (raould at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 14:36:14 EDT 2010

> Granted, computer science != programming, and it is entirely possible to study topics in computer science in such a manner that they are orthogonal to programming.  However, the link between related topics in computer science and robust programming seems to be much closer than that between materials science and being an artist.

if i have a point, my point (hidden, unstated, stunningly poorly
conveyed) is that it comes down to the semantics / context / value
judgment / connotation of "productive and successful". other people
have sorta said that already, but they appeared to say it by stating
their own personal preferred connotations. i offered different
connotations to point out that it is all relative.

i happen to also fall on the side of preferring to do it more
logically right than just bunging something together that makes money
even though it is a mess under the hood. but i try not to ignore the
$ucess of other approaches.

sincerely.

Posted on the users mailing list.