[racket] Off-topic: Scheme for JVM?

From: Thomas Chust (chust at web.de)
Date: Thu Jun 10 04:08:20 EDT 2010

2010/6/10 Mark Engelberg <mark.engelberg at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Thomas Chust <chust at web.de> wrote:
>> I would not recommend Clojure, although it has some fancy features and
>> is currently en vogue, because the standard library seems to be in a
>> very bad shape and full of bugs.
>
> I completely disagree with this.  I have found Clojure to be extremely
> stable, and the standard library to be well-organized and relatively
> bug-free.
> [...]

Hello,

maybe it improved in the past 6 month — I haven't tried Clojure since
then. Or maybe some areas of the standard library get less attention
than others.

Most of the bugs that really annoyed me were related to dispatch
hierarchies and some of them were caused by very simple spelling
mistakes, were already reported with patches but didn't get fixed for
months anyway. I conclude form this that there are at least largely
untested / unattended areas of the standard library. Probably not
everything about Clojure is broken, but since all the particular
non-trivial things I tried were broken, the system didn't leave a good
impression with me.

Ciao,
Thomas