[racket] Racket v5.0

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 8 10:25:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Norman Gray <norman at astro.gla.ac.uk> wrote:
>  * A useful addition to that page would be 'what do I have to do to make the transition from PLT Scheme to being a first-class Racket programmer?' (as opposed to working in some sort of legacy support mode).  From that page, the answer seems to be 'not very much', but if the transition is indeed as simple as: (1) edit '#lang scheme' to '#lang racket', (2) type 'racket' rather than 'mzscheme', (3) you're done; then it would be reassuring to make that wonderfully transparent (and well done).

You can do just that, or you can do arbitrarily more. Our goal is to
keep old programs working and, of course, to call people who use those
old programs Racketeers. :)

The more? You can do things like you suggest above or, even better,
start building your own languages.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.