[racket] how does PLaneT work?

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 6 03:04:18 EDT 2010

In particular, how does it decide what version of a package to serve?

My guess would have been that it finds the most recent version which meets two criteria:
a) its major version number is the same as that requested (if any), and
b) its required core version number is <= the version of the DrScheme that's requesting it.

But I just typed
(require (planet sbloch/picturing-programs:2))
and it gave me version 2.0, even though there is a version 2.1 with the same required-core-version, which I can get by specifically requesting it:
(require (planet sbloch/picturing-programs:2:1))

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.