[plt-scheme] Re: Typed scheme: Cannot apply expression of type Procedure, since it is not a function type

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 4 16:37:55 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:

>> ... (Plus, I think I cannot go on bugging Sam with so many
>> questions :-;). ...
>
> I think this is good for Sam. It will motivate better docs and toughen
> him up for the Ecmascript committee.

While I admit to being bored of the category theory, I'm always happy
to have questions about Typed Scheme.

Also, I think your original question points to something that should
be added to Typed Scheme.  What you really want to write is this:

(define-struct: (ret args ...) Fun ((name : Symbol) (proc : (args ...
-> ret)) (args : (Listof Symbol)) (ret : Symbol)))

But you can't write that at the moment.  Stevie and I will take a look
at enabling it.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu