[plt-scheme] Fun with Unicode and delimited continuations

From: David Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 3 18:25:24 EDT 2010

> Unfortunately, it confirms that the "continuations" you get using 'yield' are one-shot.

Yep.

> Perhaps there's some way to copy a generator's current state?

Doubt it.

> Anyhow, I'm ready to concede that yield is definitely a different animal than delimited continuations.

They're a different animal from the typical delimited continuation operators typically seen in the literature. But it seems clear to me that they are both first-class continuations and delimited. They're... implicitly delimited, first-class, one-shot continuations.

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.