[plt-scheme] Fun with Unicode and delimited continuations

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 3 09:08:02 EDT 2010

On Jun 3, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> On Jun  3, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>> This must be the most fun (and useless) use of delimited
>> continuations I have seen since 1984.
>
> I'll bite: why is it useless?

The reset and shift in this case statically determine
the delimited continuation:

 \x. (/ x (* 2 a))

if it were prompt/control.

;; ---

Of course, one can also shift (pardon the pun) reset around
and start discussions of backtracking computations at this
point and more stuff like that.

>> Eli, I wonder how NUPRL deals with the quadratic formula? Or what is
>> the logical content of the below?
>
> Real numbers are not that interesting in that world...  (But as for
> the logical content -- I don't remember much, I didn't go too much
> beyond being impressed with how call/cc translates.)

Ignoring the real numbers, I think Tim had an example that
used two callccs and could have benefited from prompts.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.