[racket] syntax, differently

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 16:44:09 EDT 2010

I think we are talking about several things, here.

One of them is about reformatting the whole file and another is
reformatting locally when the programmer is approaching a line length
of 80.

I program with full trust in the Dr's ability to auto-indent and check-
syntax, so I do both constantly.  That way, I am never surprised by a
big change in the file.  Nearly the same result could almost be
achieved by live auto formatting of only the definition undergoing
editting.  ('almost', because there are ghosts to haunt anyone who
attempts such an implementation).  I would have attempted this awhile
ago if I knew how to get started.

The line-length issue is one that could partly be handled by allowing
the programmer to size the editting window  to exactly the correct
length, then manually edit to eliminate wrappings. However, I wouldn't
mind if the Dr took the scapel and tried to fix it for me.

RAC