[racket] keybinding help needed

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 09:16:21 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Bill Richter
<richter at math.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I really like DrRacket text mode, which I've been using extensively
> for a few days.  I tried it a few years ago and it crashed constantly,
> but I find it completely stable now, and it's very usable, a tolerable
> alternative to Emacs for working on PCs.
>
> But I would like some help making some new keybindings.   The
> DrRacket: Programming Environment manual has only one example:
>
> 3.3.8 Defining Custom Shortcuts
> (keybinding "c:a" (lambda (editor evt) (send editor insert "!")))

I'm not sure where you're having trouble, so here some semi-random tips:

1. Emacs on Windows http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html

2. You can turn on some Emacs keybindings in DrRacket / DrScheme by
choosing Preferences > Editing > General and unchecking "Enable
keybindings in menus".

3. "c:a" means control-a. Other examples, culled from the source code, include:

"f5" "c:tab" "c:s:tab" "d:s:right" "c:x;0"

c:s:tab => control+shift+tab
I don't what d stands for, but presumably it is "alt"
"c:x;0" means control+x then 0

Hopefully you can work out what the others mean.

> It would also be nice to change the comment character ; to %, as I'm
> editing Latex files.

I doubt you can easily do that.

HTH,
N.