[racket] Facing some flickering problems

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 23 10:17:51 EDT 2010

Matt, what's missing from Universe to avoid your kind of flickering isn't double buffering. It is a handler that allows you to send updates to an established scene so that you don't have to draw the whole scene over into the canvas.

(Plus a change to the timing guarantees. I made the mistake of measuring the clock ticks from tick to tick. As Matthew (Flatt) pointed out in January, I should start the next tick at the end of the draw action of the preceding tick. That will simplify your programming model and my internal organization.)

Posted on the users mailing list.