[racket] tool: show module exports

From: Stevie Strickland (sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 22 12:55:01 EDT 2010

On Jul 22, 2010, at 12:51 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Stevie Strickland
> <sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>>> We could make the blame information available. Would that help?
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Could you elaborate?
>
> An object with a contract could, in addition to saying "here is my
> contract" via value-contract, it could also return the parties to the
> contract via some other function like that one.
>
> If we had that, then the too-much/too-little problems you were talking
> about in your previous message would be mitigated somewhat, I think.

Oh, I see.  That could let you know whether the module you're investigating is the positive party, and thus the party that exported the value with the contract.  Good point.

That's additional information that I was already going to add for the contract system's use on the branch I'm working on, but if it would be useful to make it available at large, I can do that as well.

Stevie

Posted on the users mailing list.