[racket] dumping or forking racket processes

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Jul 18 14:43:58 EDT 2010

Thinking about long-running servers... Has anyone looked into
core-dumping a Racket process image so that it can be loaded as a new
process quickly (a la Emacs)?  Or looked into forking a pool of Racket
processes (a la Apache) to use process isolation to be resilient in case
of problems like memory leaks?

Background... I've recently converted a large Web application from CGI
and SCGI, and it's worked quite well in interactive testing and
automated load testing so far.  However, this got me thinking about
backup plans, in case we find in later load testing, say, a case with
long lists that the CGC (which we're stuck with for now) is too
conservative about.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/