[racket] Macro Problem

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Jul 8 19:24:39 EDT 2010

Eric Tanter wrote at 07/08/2010 06:59 PM:
> You need to circumvent hygiene to do what you're after; for this, you need to use syntax-case.

Scheme, from which Racket has grown, very much wants macros to be
hygienic.  If you (Manu) are new to macros in Scheme, I'd encourage you
to first find idiomatic Scheme ways of doing what you want to do.
(Example: having the "return" variable be provided by the macro user, or
even simply not writing this macro and instead letting people use
"call/ec".)

In Scheme, as in prose, only once we know how to write within the rules
do we earn poetic license to break them. :)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/