[racket] Distributions and paths

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 7 08:34:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

I find the directory hierarchy that `assemble-distribution' creates a bit
disturbing (using runtime-paths):
- Why does the absolute path of my project appear in the distribution? I
wouldn't like a software I distribute to carry such information.
- Why are my "img\", "docs\" and other subdirectories buried to a
(sub)^10-directory? I'd prefer them to remain simple sub-directories.

I'm happy with runtime-paths talking care of copying all the required files,
and I understand runtime-paths ensure consistency across multiple OSes, but
I don't see why this implies such a complicated hierarchy for relative
sub-directories.
When the executable is launched, why does it not simply set the
current-directory to the root of the distribution, so the executable can be
moved, depending on the OS?

Or am I missing some option that address these very concerns?

Thanks,
Laurent