[racket] define-runtime-path-list and find-files

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 5 14:14:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 19:52, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> This seems to work for me:
>
> #lang racket
> (require racket/runtime-path (for-syntax racket/file))
> (define-runtime-path-list p (find-files (λ (x) (regexp-match "[.]tex$"
> x))))
>
> Probably you were missing the `for-syntax' require.

Ah, that is why! Thanks a lot!

Now another question:
I'm in fact using `find-files' inside a function, say `find-files-ex', that
is declared in the same file and used in the `define-runtime-path-list'
call.
The problem is that this function must be available both at compile time and
at runtime because of `define-runtime-path-list'.

I did not find anything that could do that as is, so I made this macro:

(define-syntax-rule (define-also-for-syntax head body ...)
  (begin
    (define-for-syntax head body ...)
    (define head body ...)
    ))

to avoid duplication of the function code.
But I feel like it may not be the right thing to do. Am I missing something?