[plt-scheme] Is there still no scrollable panel available?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 28 08:02:23 EST 2010

At Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:05:31 -0600, Scott Hickey wrote:
> I've scoured the mail lists and the web and it appears that there still
> doesn't exist a scrollable panel in plt-scheme, but it seems like most of
> the discussion on this topic is dated.
>
> I just wanted to confirm that this is still the case.

That's correct.

> Also, its seems that the past answers to this question are that its not
> doable. I know with v4.2 there was a lot of the GUI rewritten - is it still
> the case that underlying framework won't support building anything like a
> large, scrollable form?

Yes. The layer that is already rewritten doesn't include the GUI widgets.

But a further rewrite is in progress, and it will support scrollable
panels. It's difficult for me to say when the rewrite will be ready; I
recently suggested March, but now I think May is more realistic.

Posted on the users mailing list.