[plt-scheme] Re: Casting SPELs in Lisp^H^H^H^H Scheme

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 28 03:54:26 EST 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:56:31 -0800, Karl Winterling
<kwinterling at gmail.com> wrote:

>However, I should ensure I don't
>create distractions from my math homework. Perhaps someone would like
>to write a new teachpack and some assignments.

Well, one way to ensure that it doesn't distract one from one's
homework topic is to make the homework the topic of the interactive
novel.

What's really needed is a Scheme version of "Elementeo" (see
http://www.elementeo.com/) combined with _Flatterland_ (see
http://www.amazon.com/Flatterland-Like-Flatland-Only-More/dp/073820675X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0).
Instead of Oxygen Life-Giver and Sodium Dragon cards, we probably need
Continuation Process-Raiser and Macro-Language Extender story
characters roaming in a lexically-scoped landscape.

So far, the closest that I've seen to this is "Alligator Eggs!" (see
http://worrydream.com/AlligatorEggs/), but that is a puzzle game, not
an interactive novel.

Finally, create a three-dimensional Scheme version of the interactive
novel with similar functionality to Croquet (see
http://croquetproject.org/index.php/Main_Page), and let users alter
the interactive environment in Scheme using reflection (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflection_%28computer_science%29).

Now, that would be addictive....

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/