[plt-scheme] Teach Yourself Scheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jan 21 12:01:31 EST 2010

On Jan 21, John Clements wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:13 AM, Eduardo Bellani wrote:
>
> >> http://li21-127.members.linode.com:8001/servlets/standalone.ss
> >
> > Looks down for me
>
> Grr. Up again.  Maybe this would be a nice time for someone to tell me how to start a server.
>
> /home/clements/full-4.2.4.1/bin/mred -uq ./first-applet.ss < /dev/null > /tmp/extra-log 2>&1

Using mred is probably not a good idea -- unless you're using
something like VNC, then my guess is that it connected to your ssh's
forwarded DISPLAY, which disappears when you log out.

(And BTW, all those disown/nohup/etc things shouldn't be needed these
days.  But it is a good idea to have a loop that will start it if/when
it dies.)