[plt-scheme] Re: Text-contents to a function variable

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 14:14:42 EST 2010

Aha!  I'm sorry.  You're using the GUI teachpack; I gave you an answer
for a completely different GUI library.  The bad news is that you
can't use my answer; the good news is that you don't need to learn all
the stuff I put in my answer.  I don't know an answer for the GUI
teachpack off the top of my head, but maybe someone who's more
familiar with it can give you a more appropriate answer.

Carl Eastlund

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Avi <n4alpaca at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the GUI teachpack, but it continues to tell me that "new" is
> not defined or a procedure, am I supposed to be using the teachpack or
> is there a separate feature that allows this?
>
> On Jan 15, 2:01 pm, Carl Eastlund <carl.eastl... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm.  You need to run in the "scheme/gui" language to create a message
>> box with "new".  But you're going to need the same thing to get the
>> text field working.  Do you have a text field working yet?
>>
>> Carl Eastlund

Posted on the users mailing list.