[plt-scheme] HELP: eigenvalues/vectors?

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 2 14:31:16 EST 2010

I'm an idiot. One of my tenth grade students is trying to reproduce
the classic use of eigenfaces for his science fair project. I assumed
that the math he'd need was already written somewhere, but it looks
like even mzgsl doesn't have hooks into GSL's eigenvalue/vector code.

I'm going to have to do this for him, because he's not far enough
along to code something this complicated, much less not understanding
the math. Am I better off trying to learn enough of FFI to supply the
hooks to GSL myself, or should I just try to write up a quick and
dirty algorithm myself? He doesn't need speed, since he can start the
program running and go to bed.

Todd

Posted on the users mailing list.