[plt-scheme] typed scheme type checking takes very long

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Wed Feb 24 15:33:32 EST 2010

Hi Sam, hi Robby,

thanks for your help!

I wasn't aware of compilation, and that to utilize this I have to require a file. Simply requiring the code from another, otherwise empty file reduces waiting time from about 20 to 5 seconds!

Second, I tried out turning off debugging and profiling, and this has an almost identical effect - that is, the original file takes about 5 seconds to type check now!

That's really a big big difference and improves the "coding experience" extremely.

I'm only wondering, is there something wrong with my eyes... I somehow don't see a way to configure memory settings in the language preferences...

Ciao,
Sigrid

Posted on the users mailing list.