[plt-scheme] typed scheme type checking takes very long

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 24 11:15:14 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Tomi Neste <tomi.neste at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have always used the collects path as an general mechanism for finding
> Scheme modules. So, should I use requires in the form of "foo.ss",
> "../bar/main.ss" etc. instead? Wouldn't that hard code the module locations
> in my Scheme files?

Relative paths are appropriate for links within a single
program/library, IMO. They make the code easier to move around.

For absolute references, you either can use the collects directory,
like you are, but that won't work well if you want to distribute your
software. You can use a planet development link, if you plan to
distribute your software via planet.

There are also absolute file-based references, but you probably don't
want those.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.