[plt-scheme] typed scheme type checking takes very long

From: Tomi Neste (tomi.neste at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 01:44:23 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu
> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu>
> wrote:
> > You can also compile files with the 'mzc' command-line program, which
> > will both run faster and save the results of compilation and
> > typechecking.
>
> IIUC, the default settings in DrScheme (assuming you're using the
> Module language) will also have this effect; you may also see some
> speed up by choosing the "No debugging or profiling" in the "details"
> section of the language dialog. Note that your stack traces will get
> worse, tho (you'll still have some stack trace information, just not
> as much).
>
> Robby

IME "No debugging or profiling" and turning off "Preserve stacktrace" helps
a lot with Typed Scheme compilation performance. Interestingly when I'm
running from Emacs (using the excellent Geiser mode) compiling Typed Scheme
code is a lot faster than using DrScheme.

Regarding the "Populate compiled..." option, I assume it is supposed to
automatically compile to .zos when I run the module? Either I'm doing
something wrong or it doesn't work since I don't see any compiled files in
my module directory...

--
tomppa