[plt-scheme] Collection not found error - porting old scripts

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 20 15:17:12 EST 2010

jacmoe wrote:
> Hi guys
> I have some problems loading scheme scripts - I have a simple script
> which requires another script which has this code at the top of it:
>
> (module base mzscheme
>
> (require (prefix vge: "base-low.ss")
> 	 (lib "kw.ss"))
>
> It doesn't work.

In what way does it not work?

> When I change mzscheme to scheme, it doesn't work either.
> But when I change it to scheme/base, I get an error in the require
> 'tag'..

That surprises me. I would expect scheme and scheme/base to have the
same require error. Both of them use the same new require syntax (eg,
'prefix-in' instead of 'prefix').

> This is probably pre-PLT 4 scripts, so any help is appreciated
> regarding how to port this.

The scheme and scheme/base languages have built-in support for keywords,
so unless you're doing something really fancy you can drop (lib "kw.ss")
and use the new syntax. Go to http://docs.plt-scheme.org/guide/ and read
4.3 through 4.5.

Ryan