[plt-scheme] DrScheme as shared whiteboard?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Feb 19 19:03:17 EST 2010

I'd guess that any shared-desktop software with convenient voice
conferencing would work OK.

I say voice, because I think you want fluid communication during pair
programming, without taking interaction and eyes away from DrScheme.
(Voice is a load on some cognitive channel that is also used for
programming and interacting with DrScheme, but we already have that in
live pair programming.)

I'd also guess that some UI affordance analogous to who's pulled the
keyboard in front of them would be useful.  Otherwise, the participants
need to be careful about cues/negotiation for this.  Unless one person
does almost always does all the typing.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/