[plt-scheme] Re: HTDP - evidently not for everyone.

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 12 12:57:51 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM, wooks <wookiz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2:15 pm, Robby Findler <ro... at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> With all due respect to your students, wooks, an academic filter is,
>> in some cases, simply "do you have the money" plus "do you submit an
>> app". Even at some of the best places (for some of the degree
>> programs).
>>

> Imagine a scenario where every single student in the class fits that
> profile and you begin (because there are other factors) to approach
> the situation in my class.

Well, I stretched the truth a little with my comment above (it would
be hard to get into a master's program without a high school degree,
for example, no matter how money hungry the administrators at the
school may be :), but it is difficult to understand why you are even
posting here if no one can possibly understand what you are dealing
with. Isn't it an immediate consequence that our lack of understanding
implies our inability to help?

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.