nix nix nix Re: [plt-scheme] Re: HTDP - evidently not for everyone.

From: wooks (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 12 03:46:30 EST 2010

On Feb 11, 6:22 pm, Shriram Krishnamurthi <s... at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> Yes, it's *that* article again, and no, nobody had posted the
> follow-up article, so thanks!
>
> Yet this person's Web page says at the top,
>
> "We (Saeed Dehnadi, Richard Bornat) have discovered a test which
> divides programming sheep from non-programming goats. This test
> predicts ability to program with very high accuracy before the
> subjects have ever seen a program or a programming language."
>
> So, uh, ...

As one who is hugely sceptical that there is indeed such a test I am
pleased to see something that can debunk that particular claim on its
merits rather than some other criteria. For the record even if there
was such a test I would never administer it or be prepared to put
faith in its results.

Can we put the test aside now. It's not really why I posted the
paper.

It's the existence of programming sheep and non-programming goats
thats really interesting (to me at least) regardless of whether or not
there is a test to distinguish them.

Posted on the users mailing list.