[plt-scheme] Re: HTDP - evidently not for everyone.

From: Raoul Duke (raould at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 10 13:50:12 EST 2010

> it. Then I ask them to define a time data structure and write
> something like time=? and some of them can't write the template (none
> of them managed to write the program). There is a complete inability
> to see the similarity between the way the different data structures
> they have been shown have been manipulated. After about 80 hours of

i'm curious about this.

what it tells me is that to reach those folks, one has to go "further"
and explicitly demonstrate the inventive behaviour a few times, all
the while explicitly saying "i am now demonstrating how to apply what
we've seen in a new situation".

in other words: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Solve_It

:-)

Posted on the users mailing list.