[plt-scheme] Is there a set data-type?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 5 09:42:01 EST 2010

On Feb 5, 2010, at 9:38 AM, Todd O'Bryan wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu
> > wrote:
>> Just a tease: how would you use hashtable to represent infinite sets?
>>

> Well, first I'd add the first element to the hashtable, then I'd
> recurse. :-)

I can understand why you're cursing a lot, so much indeed that you are
inventing a new verb (re-curse) but that's just because you jump to
conclusions too quickly.

;; ---

What my tease is pointing out that you stated a problem __and__
immediately demanded a specific implementation of a solution. You
chose the data structure without even considering alternatives.

Posted on the users mailing list.