[racket] beginner's question on learning Scheme

From: philippe sismondi (psismondi at arqux.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 12:34:13 EDT 2010

Bingo. With the combination of the right #lang and (import....) stuff I am off to the races.

I will certainly study the Guide, and other Racket specific docs. However, as usual when I learn something new, I have to "fix" most of the variables and proceed in a stable setting. Since I have started with Dybvig, I'll finish a good part of that before moving on to other stuff.

As I said in the original post I am new to the Lisp family of languages. I am totally entranced by Common Lisp and Scheme. After years of using mostly C and Java, this experience has been a refreshing eye-opener.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses.

Best,

- Phil -

Posted on the users mailing list.