[racket] Nested scope in D vs Racket

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Aug 21 12:11:53 EDT 2010

I don't consider this a flaw in the language. How are we going to write a
recursive function when not allowing
(define (x arg) expr-possibly-calling-x-recursively)?
Not by a Y-combinator I hope.

I think the following is not too difficult to explain to beginning
programmers.

In (define (x arg) ...) x is masked in ...
In (let ((x ...)) body) x is NOT masked in ...
In (letrec ((x ...)) body) x is masked in ...

Jos

Posted on the users mailing list.