[racket] Possible to install both plt-scheme from repo and racket from racket-lang.org?

From: Byron Gibson (fbg111 at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 00:21:49 EDT 2010

Thanks Horace, your first guess was correct, by 'repo' I mean my linux
distro (Ubuntu) software repository.

Thanks for your answer, I suspected that one install would 'clobber'
the other, just wanted to verify.

I prefer to use the distro repository to install software when
possible, since that makes it easier to manage and update (at least
for a relative Linux newbie), but Debian/Ubuntu hasn't updated the
plt-scheme package and dependencies to Racket yet.

Will probably continue using plt-scheme until I come across some
problem I specifically need to update to Racket for.

Thanks!

--
Byron

--
I think I think, therefore I think I am.