[racket] Interesting article

From: Martin DeMello (martindemello at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 18:01:04 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> Your library is truly impressive, but I don't think it addresses some
> of the fundamental issues that the OP talks about (availability in the
> core and not as some third-party library, integration with syntax,
> good integration of laziness).  Maybe you could comment more
> specifically, in case I've missed these issues from your
> documentation.

What is the racket team's stance on core support for vectors and
hashes, in terms of syntax for literals and making containers act as
functions of their keys? The latter, in particular, would be a huge
win, though it would also be a pretty large change to the language -
I'm interested in what people feel the pros and cons of having it
included would be, independent of the implementation difficulty.

martin

Posted on the users mailing list.