[racket] Long compilation+launch times

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 4 06:33:02 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:21, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>wrote:

> That is a bit surprising. Does that happen the first time or every
> time? Do you have compilation disabled in the module language (it is
> enabled by default)?

"Populate compile directories" is checked.
This delay happens every time, even when I don't change anything in the
sources.
Now that I say it, it looks more like a launch time than a compile time.
Is there a way to find the compile time alone ?
Nevertheless, I have lost 20 seconds I think with this split.
Can this be because each new module must now `require' a number of others
modules, whereas this was done only once in the previous case?
All my modules contain only definitions, except for the top-level one. I
suppose those these definitions are not re-evaluated completely at each
`require'?

Notably, I have a (auto-generated) 1500 lines module that is required in
several places.