rackets (Was: [plt-scheme] still stuck with typed scheme problem: "Expected Attribute, but got Attribute")

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Apr 30 11:48:30 EDT 2010

FWIW, I think that the name "Racket" is brilliant because it works
several different ways.

If you've ever heard a PL researcher grumble about how popular and
prolific PLT is, in a tone implying that shady dealings must be
involved, that's one of the ways the name works.

I think that students would like "Racket".  It's a little edgy and
counterculture, with a sense of humor .  "Cunning" might also work,
being part of the punchline of an old dirty joke, but could also get
snickered at and be given crude nicknames.

The timing of the SEC stuff is kinda funny, since SEC is the one of the
few environments in which I can see the name "Racket" being a major
liability. (Mainly because I think people don't want to risk the
appearance of being glib about "rackets", especially not right now.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/