[plt-scheme] Question about debugging FFI errors

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 05:01:01 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you typically go about
> debugging FFI errors?

Test every step of the way. Otherwise you'll have a hell of a time
debugging. Be aware of what might break and pay special attention
there (e.g. memory allocation, threads). Sometimes print statements
are useful.

> Does it say that the program is blowing up somewhere in the pthread library?

Yes.

> Is there a way that I can dig deeper to find more about what is going
> wrong here?

If you're lucky gdb might get you somewhere.

HTH,
N.

Posted on the users mailing list.